Last updated and effective as of 2/27/2017
Welcome to the Advanced Renal Education Program website (the “Site”). This Site is owned and operated by Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc. (d/b/a Fresenius Medical Care North America) or one or more of its direct or indirect affiliates (collectively, the “Company,” “we” or “us”).
1. APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
2. THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
- THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE (SUCH AS TEXT, CALCULATORS, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, INFORMATION OBTAINED BY US FROM THIRD PARTY LICENSORS AND OTHER MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THIS SITE) IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
- THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL DIAGNOSES OR RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING MEDICAL TREATMENT.
- THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT APPEARING ON THIS SITE ARE NOT SUBSTITUTES FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT.
- ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION.
- NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE
- IN AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 OR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE NUMBER.
- IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE.
3. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
This Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on this Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to AREP@fmc-na.com or contacting us in writing at the address provided below.
By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use this Site.
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several different types of information from and about users of this Site, including:
- information that is about you but does not identify you individually (“Anonymous Information”); and
- information by which you may be personally identified and is provided by you to us in certain areas of our Site (“Personally Identifiable Information”).
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through this Site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies); and
- from third parties such as, for example, our business partners, subsidiaries and affiliates.
5. ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we automatically collect certain Anonymous Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, and the resources that you access and use on this Site, information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address (a unique string of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider), operating system and browser type.
The Anonymous Information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to administer and improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Site. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
This Site is intended for use by residents of the United States only. The technologies we use for the automatic collection of Anonymous Information may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
6. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We collect Personally Identifiable Information directly from you when you provide it to us and from third parties, for example, our business partners, subsidiaries and affiliates. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- E-Mail Correspondence and Form Information. Scattered throughout this Site are links or forms that can be used to contact us so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions, register to use our Site, post material or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site. Your email address is required on these forms so we can answer your questions. We may put information from email on file, but do not currently share, sell, license or transmit this information with third parties without express authorization from you. By providing your email address, you are requesting that we communicate with you in that manner. To withdraw your request, or to unsubscribe, please contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to AREP@fmc-na.com or contacting us in writing at the address provided below.
- User Contributions and Submissions. This Site may contain interactive tools and services, calculators, message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards or other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Features”) that allow users to upload, post, store, submit, publish, display or transmit content or materials to other users of this Site or other persons on or through the Site (collectively, “User Contributions and Submissions”). Your User Contributions and Submissions are posted on this Site and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and that we cannot control the actions of other users of this Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions and Submissions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions and Submissions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
7. HOW WE USE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
The information you share with us may be used in a few ways:
- Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of this Site and its design. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, without restriction, including with existing and prospective third party business partners, researchers and advertisers. We never connect Anonymous Information with Personally Identifiable Information.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- for purposes including administration of this Site;
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in Interactive Features on our Site, and communications with you;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of assets of us or our subsidiaries or affiliates, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
8. ADVERTISEMENTS AND OPTING OUT
We support the right of our visitors to choose. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- “Do Not Track” Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites with which the browser communicates. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit its policy on responding to these signals.
- Research and Analytics. We use analytics tools including Google Analytics to better understand how visitors interact with our Site. This service provides Anonymous Information including but not limited to data on where visitors came from, what actions they took on our Site, and where visitors went when they left this Site. We use this information to improve your experience when visiting our Site. Please click on this link: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html to learn more about this service and how to opt out of data collection by Google Analytics. We may also work with other business partners to conduct research surveys in order to improve the user experience on our site. We encourage you read the privacy statements of these business partners to learn about their data practices.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Promotional Offers from the Company and Third-Party Advertising. You will be given the right to opt out of receiving any promotional materials about us whenever you are asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information on this Site. If you do not want us to share your Personally Identifiable Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt out by logging into this Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to AREP@fmc-na.com or contacting us in writing at the address provided below, indicating that you no longer want to receive information relating to this Site. We may use Anonymous Information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria and interact with you
9. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to know about the Personally Identifiable Information that we hold about you and gathered through this Site, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that we have on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to AREP@fmc-na.com or contacting us in writing at the address provided below.
This Site incorporates safeguards designed to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the Personally Identifiable Information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing.”
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of this Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of this Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Site.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personally Identifiable Information you transmit to us or through this Site. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider sensitive or confidential. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout our Site or at the address below.
11. EXTERNAL LINKS
This Site may provide links to various websites that we do not control. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred out of our Site and connected to the website of the organization that you selected.
We are not responsible for the nature, quality or accuracy of the content or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for quality, accuracy or completeness by us.
Inclusion of any linked website on this Site does not imply or express an approval or endorsement of the linked website by us, or of any of the content, opinions, products or services provided on these websites. Even if an affiliation exists between our Site and a third-party website, we exercise no control over linked sites.
12. CONSENT AND MODIFICATIONS TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personally Identifiable Information, we will notify you through a notice on this Site home page or by other reasonable means.
14. ACCOUNT REVISIONS, REVOKING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to this Site.
At any time, you may ask us to cease any further use of your email address and direct us to delete any Personally Identifiable Information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. We cannot delete your Personally Identifiable Information except by also deleting your user account. If you do not want to be contacted any longer we will designate you as “do not contact” in our systems. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you have given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we have already passed it on, we may not be able to delete or change the information.
Vice President Medical Information & Education
Fresenius Medical Care North America
309 East Morehead Street, Suite 285
Charlotte, NC 28202
Copyright © 2006 – 2016, 2017 Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
Fresenius Medical Care, Advanced Renal Education Program and the triangle logo are trademarks of Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc. or its affiliated companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.